Size: 11.27 MB
md5_file hash: f478666feab5773ea49487ca37f5e9d9
First released: Sat, 2007-12-29 22:45
Last updated: Sat, 2007-12-29 23:13
An update to DevnullMod for Space Empires V version 1.66. There are a ton of changes in this version:
Note: 1.66.1 will hopefully have a modified set of AI scripts to deal with all the changes. For now, I'm including the AI from Balance Mod 1.11 until I get a chance to delve into the arcane mysteries of the AI scripts and modify them for DevnullMod. The included AI is good, though it won't take advantage of any of the changed tech or components and may have some problems for this mod. If you give the AI a high difficulty and a high bonus, though, it may still provide some challenge in a single-player game. 1.66.0 of DevnullMod is definitely an interim release, however, that is mainly intended for PBM multi-player testing.
1. Changed: Version numbering system to better evaluate which version of SEV the mod is compatible with.
2. Changed: Space Yard Components repair all facilities in system instead of sector
3. Changed: monolith facilities based off all three resource techs, not stellar manip
4. Fixed: Base ships should not be available until dreadnought level 4
5. Fixed: Fix psionic and temporal weapons to decrease size with tech (not sure why these got missed originally)
- Temporal Shifter
- Shield Accelerator
- Temporal Tachyon Cannon
- Weapon Phase Accelerator
- Alloy Burner Missile
- Telekinetic Projector
- Small Telekinetic Projector
- Mental Flailer
- Allegiance Subverter
- Psychic Whiplash
- Mental Singularity Generator
6. Changed: Space Ports significantly enhanced
- some supply generation/distribution (Enhanced by Resupply tech)
- ship/unit maint cost modifiers within a limited radius of planet
- some mineral/organic/radioactive resource storage (Enhanced by Storage tech)
- basic scanning (enhanced by Sensors tech)
- Enhance migration within the system (limited radius around space port planet)
- Make population on the planet unhappy
- only 1 per system
- Add Trade Modifier based on how many Space Ports the empire has
7. Fixed: Orbital Habitats no longer stack correctly in 1.58 (nor do research labs/intel outposts) - limited to 1 per vehicle (*sigh*)
8. Changed: Add Vehicle Type for Habitat Base and Research/Intel Base
9. Changed: Split up Stellar Manipulation
- Ionic Manipulation 5 (storms): req Astrophysics 2
- Warp Point Manipulation 6 (warp points, warp weapons): astrophysics 3, physics 3
- World Manipulation 6 (worlds): astrophysics 4, planetary engineering 1?
- --Artificial Worlds 3 (ring/sphere worlds): req World Manip 6, astrophysics 5
- Stellar Manipulation 6 (stars, nebulae, black holes): astrophysics 5
10. Fixed: Troops could have unlimited engines
11. Changed: Increased supply storage
12. Changed: decreased size of research and intel facilities
13. Changed: Orbital Habitats provide more space
14. Changed: Resupply depots much smaller and provide less (idea is to make them quick to build and to scale the number to the system traffic)
15. Changed: Add resupply station component which distributes supplies within a radius, but does not generate them.
16. Changed: Cruiser+ now have 5 sizes instead of 3 per tech area
17. Changed: Facility repair rates for space yards and facilities
18. Changed: Space Yards Components reduced to 300kT base tonnage
19. Changed: All component sizes have distinct pictures.
20. Changed: Re-evaluated engines
- Engines increased to 5 levels instead of 3
- Drastically cut the amount of supplies stored by engines. Originally, the amount of supplies was intended to be a bonus for increasing the engine level, but this is done more effectively by the size decrease. The reduction in engine supply storage is intended to make ships rely more extensively on supply storage, supply ships, resupply depots, solar collectors, etc and to help with game balance.
21. Changed: Small Rocket Pods, small torpedoes and small Anti-proton beam no longer target fighters/troops (Small APB damage increased somewhat to compensate)
22. Added: Small Ripper Beam
23. Changed: Integrated racial components into normal techs and make non-racial techs (hulls, etc) unavailable
- Regular hulls not available to races with organic or crystallurgy racial traits.
- Organic and Crystalline Hulls available immediately to races with those traits.
- Temporal Spaceyard available with racial trait and improves with Space Yard tech
- Organic and Crystal race facilties/components no longer use racial tech. Instead they are integrated into normal techs.
- Organic races no longer have normal armor available - they only have organic armor.
- Organic Races have only half the shield damage points of normal races.
- added Organic Master Computer with integrated boarding defense and self-destruct. Replaces Master Computer for Organic Races
- Plasma Charge and Hyper - Plasma Bolt are now universally available (research Plasma Weapons to get them)
- Acid Globule, Small Acid Globule, and Enveloping Acid Globule are now universally available (research Chem 2 + Acid Weapons to get them).
- Acid Weapons penetrate armor at a 50% rate and also do 150% damage to the armor itself
- Crystal Races have 1.5 x the shield damage points of normal races.
- Crystal races no longer have normal armor available - they only have crystalline armor.
- Psychic and Temporal Technology eliminated - facilities/components now use normal tech
- Psychic Weapon Technology now hangs off of Biology 2
- Temporal Weapon Technology now hangs off of Physics 2
- Religious Technology now hangs off of Psychology 1
24. Changed: Modified Racial Trait Costs
- Organic = 3000
- Crystalline = 3000
- Temporal = 3000
- Psychic = 2500
- Deeply Religious = 2000
25. Changed: more meaningful population increments (ala Gritty Galaxy)
26. Changed: Split Freighters into their own Tech Area
27. Added: Integrated Fyron's Quadrant Mod 5.0 Beta 12. DevnullMod now also requires downloading the multimedia pack from http://mm.spaceempires.net/
28. Changed: Evaluate and integrate some BM 1.11/1.12 changes
- Hull Construction
- Space Yard
29. Changed: added 3 levels to stellar harnessing (3 more levels of Solar Collectors and 1 more Solar Sail)
30. Changed: Re-evaluated temporal sensors
- Temporal Sensors completely replace Tachyon sensors for Temporal races (which are no longer available to Temporal races)
- increased sight range to match basic sensors at same sensors tech level
- added a small to-hit and defense modifier to Temporal Sensors in a new group so they stack with other types. This emulates the sensors' ability to "see ahead" in time and predict enemy actions better than normal sensors
31. Changed: Re-evaluated psychic receptors
- Psychic Receptors now available at sensors 1. This component has all the functionality of and totally replaces Basic Sensors, Combat Sensors, ECM, Tachyon Sensors, and Long-Range Scanners for psychic races.
- Added small psychic receptors for fighters/troops. Combines and replaces small comhat sensors and small ECM in one (1kT) component for psychic races
- Psychic races cannot research Defense Systems (no need)
32. Changed: Temporal Races get a bonus to-hit for all point-defense weapons to emulate their ability to "see ahead" in time and predict incoming missile/fighter actions
33. Changed: Temporal races get +1 movement to all space vehicles
34. Changed: re-evaluated supply and ordnance vats
- quantum reactors no longer available to races with Organic Manipulation (Supply Vats replace them and are available earlier to those races)
- tweaked supply/ordnance amounts generated to be more balanced.
- lowered size of supply vats so that solar collectors don't totally outclass them.
35. Added: Added Mobile Munitions Factory (need Resupply 11) so that normal races can generate ordnance. Large component that uses supplies to create ordnance each turn.
36. Fixed: Starbase and Space Station defense penalty should get better with higher tech
37. Changed: Reworked how breathable/domed planets work. I can't get this to work as I wanted it to because the Is_Planet_Domed() formula doesn't seem to work. In a future SE5 patch, I'll look at this again to see if it will work. In the meantime, I've always felt that domed planets are too small, so I've increased their size somewhat. If I can get Is_Planet_Domed() to work in a future SE5 patch, the sizes may change again.
- domed planet have 1/2 usable size of breathable
- domed planets hold 1/5 population (was 1/4)
38. Changed: Crew Quarters and Life Support now come in 5 and 15 kT sizes
39. Added: Added Universal Colonizer component (must have all 3 colonizer techs to build it)
40. Changed: Integrated Dvoongar's Doctrines Mod