Space Empires V 1.71
Size: 6.94 MB
md5_file hash: 191c03909d60e9d69b4f762f7985ff4c
First released: Tue, 2008-03-25 16:43
Last updated: Wed, 2008-03-26 09:31
This patch will upgrade US versions to v1.71. There are 70+ fixes, changes, and additions in this Patch. Steam users will be upgraded via the Steam client.
Version History for Space Empires V
- Fixed - "Sys_Get_Empire_Government_Type" and "Sys_Get_Empire_Society_Type" were returning boolean instead of string.
- Fixed - Combat with units could sometimes cause an error.
- Fixed - In Simultaneous Games, sight memory of planets would sometimes get cleared.
- Fixed - The Research window would show items past their maximum level in expected benefits.
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Current_Ordnance".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Maximum_Ordnance".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Space_Object_Name".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Is_Planet_Domed".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Are_Solar_Systems_Connected".
- Fixed - Sometimes ships could move through a sector with enemy ships and not start combat.
- Fixed - Help text describing a construction queue's emergency build rate.
- Changed - Ships in combat with the same target will spread out around the target a bit more.
- Changed - "Only Engines", "Only Weapons", and "Only Shield Generators" damage types now
penetrate both shields and armor.
- Fixed - When opening a warp point, the error message for insufficient distance was incorrect.
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Treaty_Elements_Between_Empires".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Lightyear_Distance_Between_Systems".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_Type".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_System_Location".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_Sector_Location".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_Target_Space_Object_ID".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Attack_Formation".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Defense_Formation".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Attack_Strategy".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Defense_Strategy".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Ids".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Ship_Ids".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Cargo_Item_Population_Loyalty".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Government_Type".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Society_Type".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Attack_Formation".
- Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Defense_Formation".
- Fixed - Shield Imploders were not causing internal damage.
- Fixed - Weapons will no longer fire on targets that are not effected by the weapon's damage type's special effect.
- Fixed - Map creation would crash with more than 2000 stellar objects types. The maximum number of stellar objects types is now 8000.
- Fixed - If ground combat is taking place on a planet, the owner of the planet cannot scrap cargo, jettison cargo, or abandon the planet.
- Fixed - Organic armor was not regenerating if all of it on the ship was destroyed.
- Fixed - When one ship rams another, they will both take the warhead damage from both ships.
- Fixed - All warheads on the ramming ship will be destroyed after a ram.
- Fixed - AI would delete empty fleets in simultaneous games.
- Fixed - Maximum units per player per sector were not being enforced.
- Fixed - "Same As X" planets in SystemTypes.txt were not being named like moons.
- Fixed - Units can only be launched once per turn.
- Fixed - Ability "Planet Maximum Population" now combines with a sum instead of a max.
- Changed - Script function "Sys_Change_Planet_Conditions" now takes a real instead of a long.
- Changed - Script function "Sys_Change_Planet_Value" now takes an additional parameter of the resource type.
- Fixed - Intelligence action and Event action damaging planet conditions were damaging them too much.
- Fixed - Improved text for script parser "Incorrect Parameter Type" message.
- Fixed - Improved text for script parser "Incompatible Types" message.
- Fixed - Crash with large numbers of stellar object types.
- Fixed - Sometimes drones would fly beneath their target to ram.
- Fixed - Sometimes allies would fire weapons on each other during combat.
- Fixed - Weapons which are negated by shields or armor will not fire on a target which has shields or armor.
- Changed - Increased the damage done by black holes.
- Fixed - AI would sometimes send warnings for actions a player didn't take.
- Fixed - Intelligence actions would continue to occur even after spending was set to zero.
- Fixed - The first stellar object should always be in the center of the combat map.
- Fixed - Unit groups in combat would not give their full supplies and ordnance to individual units.
- Fixed - Ramming target selection was not taking into account targeted damage.
- Fixed - Rare game hang during end of turn processing.
- Fixed - Log window would crash on some occasions.
- Added - Additional requirement text for the ring world and sphere world generators.
- Fixed - Ships would uncloak when a game was loaded.
- Fixed - "No Tactical Combat" option was not working correctly.
- Fixed - You can no longer jettison enemy troops on a planet you own.
- Fixed - Join Fleet order now displays with the actual fleet name.
- Fixed - Enemy ship designs would still sometimes show after a sector view.
- Fixed - Allegiance Subverter was working against ships with Master Computers.
- Fixed - Ships no longer drop their cargo when being retrofitted.
- Changed - When repairs on a ship are complete, its crew is restored to maximum.
- Fixed - Occasional error in ground combat with large numbers of units.
- Fixed - "Psychic Ship Training Facility" typo.
- Fixed - "Psychic Fleet Training Facility" typo.
- Fixed - Sometimes units could start outside of the retreat circle in space combat.
- Fixed - The end of turn confirmation dialog was including ships in fleets for its listing of ships without orders.
- Added - The end of turn confirmation dialog now lists fleets with movement remaining but no orders.
- Fixed - Sometimes mine damage would report hitting the wrong player.